"Family Affair" is the fourteenth episode of the seventh season of One Tree Hill and the 144th produced episode of the series. It was broadcast on January 25, 2010. Nathan tries to keep Haley calm after Taylor shows up at their house with Quinn's ex-husband in tow. Julian sticks up for Alex on the set of their movie, and Brooke leans on Alexander to ease her heartache. Meanwhile, Clay gets a chance to prove his commitment to Quinn by helping her through a dinner with her sister and David.
- "Haley, stop!"
- "Sorry, just trying to wake Taylor and David."
- "I'm sure you did, along with the rest of the neighborhood. How long have you been up?"
- "Since I dreamt that my sister was screwing my other sister's husband."
- "Did you dream that too? That's so weird. Did I kill them in yours?"
- "No, actually, you played it cool."
- "Well, then you really were dreaming because there's no way to play this cool. This is the most uncool thing Taylor's ever done."
- "Morning, kids."
- "Good morning, slut! You can get your things and go now!"
- "What's wrong? Are you still mad about me and David? That's so last night."
- "You like that outfit enough to get buried in, or you wanna go put something on?"
- "Why? It's nothing he hasn't seen before. But if you insist."
- "Let's get this over with."
- "Can we say grace first?"
- "You're religious now?"
- "Well, I have been calling out God's name a lot lately."
- "What was I saying?"
- "You said, 'Watch this'."
- "Millicent, you're shutting her out."
- "What do you care?"
- "Well, I've never been a fan of Millicent's, but she was always there for you. She :believed in you when your own mother didn't. And now she needs someone to believe :in her. More importantly, she needs a friend."
- "No she doesn't, she has you."
- "I am not the friend type."
- "Now I know who Clay reminds me of. Who was that guy that you dated freshman year?"
- "Dan Thompson."
- "Whatever happened to him?"
- "You told him you'd sleep with him if he broke up with me. So he did, and then you did."
- "That's right, I'm the sister who actually sleeps with the guy."
- "Do they give you a medal for that, or just a shot?"
- "We have cupcakes for dessert! In case anybody wants 'em. I bought them for Jamie, but Taylor doesn't seem to have a problem taking other people's stuff."
- "I wish I could be like you, Haley, just eat whatever I want and get fat."
- "Your lip is about to get fat!"
- "Alright, that's enough. I can't take this anymore. If anybody needs me, I'll be upstairs with the kids having a more mature conversation."
- "That makes me sick! Taylor is awful! I thought Alex was a bitch."
- "Yeah, I know, right? And don't worry about Alex. Julian obviously still loves you. Brooke, he stayed in Tree Hill to make his movie."
- "Yeah, well, he made it very clear today that he does not want to see me anymore."
- "He is probably just upset. You guys are way too good together not to make it. Just give it some time."
- "Okay. Fine. Don't worry about this dinner tonight. You know. It's going be over before you know it."
- "Actually, Nathan's betting we don't make it through dinner. He said he thinks I'm going to attack Taylor before the salad is served."
- "Well, can't blame him? You've been arrested more times than anyone I know, Jaily."
- "I hate my name."
- "Let the wild rumpus start. Thanks, Hales. You'll be okay."
- "The Cure" - Tegan & Sara
- "Does Life Begin Again" - Ryan Webster
- "My Timing Is Off" - EELS
- "If You're Gone" - Pleasure Bridge
- "Crystalized" - The XX
- "Islands" - The XX
- "Off Track" - The Features
- "Personality Overload" - The Beat Seekers
- "Broke" - So & So
- "Rewind" - Diane Birch
This episode's title originated from the song Family Affair, originally sung by Mary J. Blige.