|S6 ←||One Tree Hill Season 7||S8 →|
|#01||"4:30 AM (Apparently They Were Traveling Abroad)"||#09||"Now You Lift Your Eyes To The Sun"||#17||"At The Bottom Of Everything"|
|#02||"What Are You Willing To Lose?"||#10||"You Are A Runner And I Am My Father's Son"||#18||"The Last Day Of Our Acquaintance"|
|#03||"Hold My Hand As I'm Lowered"||#11||"You Know I Love You, Don't You"||#19||"Every Picture Tells A Story"|
|#04||"Believe Me, I'm Lying"||#12||"Some Roads Lead Nowhere"||#20||"Learning To Fall"|
|#05||"Your Cheatin' Heart"||#13||"Weeks Go By Like Days"||#21||"What's In The Ground Belongs To You"|
|#06||"Deep Ocean Vast Sea"||#14||"Family Affair"||#22||"Almost Everything I Wish I'd Said The Last Time I Saw You..."|
|#07||"I And Love And You"||#15||"Don't You Forget About Me"|
|#08||"I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight"||#16||"My Attendance Is Bad But My Intentions Are Good"|
"What's In The Ground Belongs To You" is the twenty first episode of the seventh season of One Tree Hill and the 151st produced episode of the series. Nathan struggles to reach an increasingly despondent Haley, while Quinn leads Jamie on a Tree Hill treasure hunt. Julian shows his finished film to Brooke, and Clay is forced to deal with a deranged Katie.
The episode begins with a narration by Haley whilst she stares mindlessly into the water. She then imagines herself drowning in the pool before Jamie wakes her up from her thoughts and says that he made his own breakfast and cleaned up after himself. Jamie simply wanted to impress his mother, but she sarcastically offered him a gold star for his efforts. The scene then switches to Clay opening the fridge to find a jug of grape Cool Aid and Quinn in a forest like setting digging ferociously. It switches again to show Brooke and Julian watching a movie, and Brooke watching in awe whilst Julian sits back waiting and watching for her reactions.
- "It all just seems so fake.This idea that good things happen to good people and :there’s magic in the world, and that the meek and righteous will inherit it.There's :too many good people who suffer for something like that to be true.There are too many :prayers that get unanswered.Every day we ignore how completely broken this world is, :and we tell ourselves it’s all going to be okay."You're gonna be okay."But it’s not :okay. And once you know that, there’s no going back. There’s no magic in the world… :at least not today there isn’t."
- "Your mother was proud of you. It would break her heart to know that her beautiful, kind, inspiring daughter was suffering like this. I know that because I'm a mother and so are you. Our lives are difficult and our loss unbearable sometimes, so grieve and struggle, and find your way back on your own terms and in your own way, but remember this: Your mother would want you to be vibrant and inspiring in the face of losing her. She'd want you to fight your pain with all you've got because that's the daughter that she raised. That's the daughter that she loved."
- “Someone once said that death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is :what dies inside of us while we live. I could tell you who said it but who the hell :really cares."
- Haley James Scott (closing voice-over)
- Already Fell by The Music Dept
- Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground by Willie Nelson
- Brooklyn by Wakey! Wakey!
- Calls Me Home by Shannon Labrie
- Here Before by Lissie
- In the Moonlight by Susie Suh
- On Your Way by The Little Heroes
- Optimism by Jarrod Gorbel
- Quiet Hearts by Amy Stroup
- The Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel
- Yellow Bird by Bess Rogers
This episode's title originated from the song What's In the Ground Belongs To You, originally sung by If These Trees Could Talk.
- The scene with Nathan and Haley by the river docks is in reference to the cracker jack box Nathan opened during their first tutoring session (Are You True) were Nathan gave Haley a bracelet and she kept it ever since. The table at the dock is also the same as the one used in 1.03.